Interview with Choreographer D'mo Acheka




Creating Magic: With D'mo Acheka

It is no secret to anyone that dance can make you feel so many emotions, that you can connect with a completely new and different universe, but how does it happen?
D'mo Acheka, dancer and choreographer, tells us: "I've been dancing for two years, and for me, dance is a form of expression, I like full body movements because they make you feel everything, a complete connection with the moment". For many people, the creation of a new dance piece is something that could be mystical and that needs a lot of logic, according to D'mo this process is "fun, tedious and amazing" and to reach a magical end "do not consider anything previously, when I create a piece I just start to move, letting myself be carried away by the sensations at that moment and see what happens next".
The incredible thing when we see a dance piece is that despite the emotions that they want to convey, each one is free to feel from their own perspective, "when I create a new piece I just let them interpret what they want, each one has different perspectives of what is happening on stage, while I dance with my emotions you can take whatever you want from there and tell your own story".
In performance all the factors influence to create a unique and exclusive environment, to let your feelings and your imagination fly, the magic happens with "the feeling that is transmitted through the movements when I dance. I only worry about feeling, nothing more, and that connection is transmitted to others " also, "there is always a feeling that is transmitted but you do not necessarily have to feel the way the choreographer wants you to feel, that is magical, anything can happen, you are free".
Everything that happens inside us is apparent when we connect with that "magical" force.
Thank you D'mo for expressing your feelings and telling us your experience, and we encourage everyone to open their mind and heart to feel and create, don't limit yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts